What is DHCP
whenever client computer connect to the network, then client generate DHCPDiscover signal to DHCP server, then DHCP server send offer to client for IP address.
- Dynamic Host Configure Protocol.
- Provide configuration parameters to hosts.
- IP address, Address mask , Router address, Host name and other.
- Extension of the BOOTP protocol.
- Allow use of existing BOOTP relay agent and configuration information.
- Expands functionality of BOOTP which just had support for manual address allocation.
- Client broadcast to locate available servers.
- Server sends to client response to DHCPDISCOVER with offer of configuration parameters.
- Client broadcasts to server requesting offered parameters from on server.
- Client sends to server to release assigned address.
- Client sends to server indicating IP Address Conflict.
- Server sends to client refusing request for configuration parameters.
- server send to client with configuration parameters, including address.
- Its uses UDP datagram.
- Client and server use broadcast to communicate until client has assigned address.
I hope you have learn that what is DHCP Server in Computer Networking, and how to assign IP address to the Client PC in network.
Watch Also Video