VPN (Virtual Private Network) provide secure communication between private network over Internet (Public Network). It used within a company or organizations. VPN maintains fast, secure and reliable communication between computers at remote location. VPN Enable geographically scattered employee of organizations to communicate with other.
Virtual Private Network
VPN (Virtual Private Network) uses a virtual connection instead of a dedicated connection such as leased line. The Virtual connection is routed through the internet from the company’s private network to the remote site or employee. A company can benefit greatly from well-defined VPN. It extends the geographic connectivity, enhance security. Reduce the transportation cost for remote users. Improve the productivity and simplifies the network topology. A VPN should have enhance feature, such as security, scalability, reliability, network management and policy management.
Type of VPN
Remote Access VPN
Its also called Virtual Private Dial-up network (VPDN). Its used by the companies which have many employees situated at remote location and want to connect to the private network from their locations. Thus, It is a user to LAN connection. If a corporation wishes to set up a remote access VPN, it will outsource to an Enterprise Service Provider. ESP Provide the remote users with desktop client software for their computers. A network access server is set for the purpose. IAS is a computer server which enables an independent service provider, such as an ISP provide internet access to the connected customers. The users have to dial a toll-free number communicate with the NAS.
Site to Site VPN
Any organization can connect to numerous fixed sites over a public network, such as the internet, using encryption and dedicated equipments. For transport reliability, Site to Site VPN employs Quality of Service (QOS), which specifies a guaranteed throughput level. Throughput is the amount of data transfer from one place to another, for data privacy tunnelling and encryption are used. It provide secure, encrypted connection over the Internet and cost effective solution to the connect branch office or remote sites with the headquarters. There two type of Site to Site VPNs.
- Intranet based- An Internet VPN is used in a firm that connects numerous LANs or remote locations. It uses low cost, tunnelled connections with rich VPN services, Like IPSec and ensures that the connection established is reliable.
- Extranet based – An extranet is created whenever authorized remote users are allowed to access some part of the private network.
- How to Install Hyper-V on Windows Server 2008 R2.
- How to Restrict user to Log on Windows Server 2008.
- How to Install Active Directory on Windows Server 2008 R2.
- How to Configure FTP Server In Windows 7.
- How to Shutdown your Computer from Mobile Phone.
- How to Lock and Unlock your PC with USB Drive.
- How to Use PC Internet Connection on Android Phone.