Uninstall Internet Explorer from the Command Prompt from your Computer, If you are unable to Uninstall it from Control Panel. Suppose you Web Browser automatic update with latest version IE 11, in your office computer and some application does not support IE 11. Now you will have to Uninstall and Downgrade Internet Explorer to run your application Properly. To Downgrade from Command Prompt you have to Administrator Rights of your Windows Computer.
Uninstall Internet Explorer From the Command Prompt
- How to Uninstall Internet Explorer 10 In Windows 7
- How to Unistall Program from Command Prompt In Windows 7
1. First of all Log In on your Computer with Administrator Account, then Click on Start Button and Type CMD, Now Right-Click on CMD in Search Result under Programs and then Click on Run as Administrator. Now UAC ( User Account Control) will Prompt then Click on Yes.
2. Now Copy Below Code
FORFILES /P %WINDIR%\servicing\Packages /M Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-*11.*.mum /c “cmd /c echo Uninstalling package @fname && start /w pkgmgr /up:@fname /norestart”
Note- In my case IE Version 11, you can change accroding your IE version instead of 11 in above Command.
3. Now to Go Command Prompt Windows then Right-Click and then Click on Paste and then Press Enter.
4. Now Internet Explorer Uninstalling Process going on, During this Process it will Prompt Two times “Access is denied” error then Click on Ok both of time and let the complete Process.
5. After Process Complete your Command Line will look like below Image, Now Close it.
6. Now you will have Restart your Computer to Complete Uninstallation. After Restart your Computer you will see that Internet Explorer 11 has been uninstall from your Windows Computer and Downgrade with Lower Version.
Find Internet Explorer Version
To Check your Internet Explorer Current Version, First of all Open IE, then Click on Help Menu Bar and then Click on About Internet Explorer Option then a dialog box will Prompt and then you will get Version of Current IE.