You can restrict access to removable device or media in windows 10. Now a days security is very big concern in Information technology. Everyone have their sensitive and privet data in PC. Then Admin can prevent user to copy their sensitive data in removable media such as CD/DVD drive, USB drive, Floppy Drive, etc. Its also can restrict to read of removable media data. This feature also can protect your PC from viruses, because may be USB storage device contain virus.
Restrict Access to Removable Device
- How to Lock and Unlock Your PC with USB Drive.
- How to Password Protected Hard Drive In Windows 7.
- How to Shutdown your PC from Mobile Phone using Email
- How to Use PC Internet Connection on your Android Phone.
- First of all, Go to Windows 10 PC and press Windows key + R, Then Type gpedit.msc to open Group Policy Editor and then Click on OK.
2. Now on the Group Policy Editor window, Click Expand User Configuration => Administrative Template => System => Removable Storage Access.
Now on Right-Pane, Double-Click on All Removable Storage Classes: Deny all access
3. Now on the All Removable Storage classes: Deny all access dialog box, Select Enabled radio button and then Click on Apply and OK.
4. Now when user will try to open any Removable device such as CD/DVD drive or USB drive etc, Then PC will prompt error message Access is denied.
Now your Windows 10 PC secure, no body can steal your sensitive and important files and data.
- How to Disable Lock Screen In Windows 10.
- How to Change Windows 7 Start button easily.
- How to Add Multiple Time Zone Clock on Windows 7 Taskbar.
- How to Find Last Shutdown Time In Windows 7
- How to Backup and Restore Registry In Windows 7.
- How to Change the “Shutting Down….” text message in Windows 7.
- How to create your Own Run Command in Windows. 7