Protect a Spreadsheet In OpenOffice Calc from edit by another user. You can Protect all the cells of a sheet in Openoffice. when you will apply this setting then your spreadsheet will be locked. When anyone will try to edit cells in spread sheet then it will prompt message ” Protected sheet cannot modified” .
Protect a Spreadsheet In OpenOffice Calc
1. First Open Spreadsheet in Openoffice calc which you want to protect .
2. Now Click on Tools Menu Bar , then Click on Protect Document and then Click on Sheet .
3. Now Type Password for Protect a Spreadsheet two times and then Click on Ok .
4. Now openoffice calc spreadsheet has been protected by password , if anyone will try to edit spreadsheet then it will prompt message that ” Protected cells can not be Modified “.
5. Now if you will want to modifies spreadsheet then Go to Tools Menu bar , then Click on Protect Document and then Click on Sheet.. . Now it will ask for password to Unprotect sheet then put Password and then Click on Ok and then you will able to modifies this spreadsheet .