You can Prevent Users to Customize Start Screen in Windows 8 and and windows 8.1. As we all know that Windows 8 comes with new feature start screen and many graphical feature. Start Screen is just like spread application icon as a tiles on full screen. Start Screen Customization means Resize tiles, Drag and drop Tiles, Pin/Unpin Tiles and add /Remove Tiles. Suppose you have done your own setting on Start Screen and don’t want to allow user to customize it then you will have to disable start screen settings. Group Policy editor is the feature through which you can disable customize in Windows 8 start Screen.
Prevent Users to Customize Start Screen
1. Now Launch Windows 8 Operating System then Press Windows Key + R From Keyboard then Run command Dialog box will open and then Type GPEDIT.MSC command then Click on OK.
2. Now You will see that Local Group Policy Editor Windows has been open from this windows you can change many settings.
3. Now on the Local Group Policy Editor Windows, Navigate Administrative Templates under User Configuration then Click on Start Menu and Taskbar.
Now on the Right Pane Right-Click on Prevent Users from customizing their Start Screen and then Click on Edit.
Disable Start Screen Customization
4. Now on the Next Dialog Box Windows Click on Enabled Radio button and then Click on Apply then OK.
5. Now Close Local Group Policy Editor Windows.
Now When User will Right-Click on any Tiles of Start Screen then it will now show any option through which you can customize start screen.
- How to Turn on or Turn Off Check Box to Select Item In Windows 8
- How to Create Schedule to Automatic Shutdown In Windows 7
- How to Change Shutdown Power Button In Windows 7
- How to Lock and Unlock Your Windows PC With USB Drive
- How to Turn Your Windows 7 Laptop Into Wi-Fi Hotspot
- How to Use PC Internet Connection on Android Phone
- How to Disable USB Storage Device In Windows 7
- Complete Guide of Windows 7 Start Menu
- How to Schedule Disk Derangement In Windows 7
- How to Display Message on Log On Screen In Windows 7
- Search Internet From Start Menu In Windows 7