You can prevent installing software from removable media in Windows 7. System administrator can prevent installing program from removable media source such as USB Flash Drive, CD/DVD, etc. Its a best way to prevent your computer from unauthorized access. Some time another user can try to install a software which can be harmful or Virus. Mostly USB flash drive have virus so virus can enter on your pc during software install. Also there is many third party software which can access your PC remotely and stolen your Important data. so that its a great feature in Windows 7.
Prevent Installing Software from Removable Media
- How to Disable Right-Click on Desktop In Windows 7.
- How to Disable USB Storage Device In Windows 7.
- How to Disable Log On Welcome Screen In Windows 7.
- How to Disable Backing Up Data to Network Location In Windows 7.
- How to Disable Shutdown Button from Start Menu In Windows 7
1. Click on Start button, then Type gpedit.msc in search box.
2. Click on User Configuration on Local group Policy Editor windows. Then click on Administrative Template. Then Click on Windows Component…
3. Click on Windows installer under Windows Component. then Double-click on Prevent Removable media source for any Install…
4. Click on Enable Radio button to prevent users from installing programs from Removable media. Then click on Apply then Ok .
Now when you will try to install software from USB flash Drive or DVD/DVD drive the it will show error on your PC that ” Device Installation was prevented by Policy”
- How to Turn Your Windows 7 Laptop Into Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- How to Lock and Unlock Your PC with USB Drive.
- How to Set File Access Permission In Mac OS X.
- How to prevent user to Installing New Program in windows 7.
- How to Change Windows 7 Start Menu easily.
- How to Change “Welcome” text message at Logon In Windows 7
- How to change “Shutting down…” text message In Windows 7
- How to Create Your Own Run In Windows 7.