You can Prevent access to Disk Drive in Windows 10 with the help of group policy editor feature. Suppose you pc is shared by another user in your office or home. If you have any important data on a drive which you don’t want to share. Then you can protect your drive access by other user. If you will enable this feature then user can’t be able to access specific drive. Its a great feature in windows 10.
Prevent Access to Disk Drive In Windows 10
- How to Lock and Unlock your PC With USB Drive.
- How to Enable Write Protection on USB Flash Drive.
- How to Create Password Reset disk in Windows 7
- How to Create your Own Run Command In Windows 7
1. First of all Press Windows Key + R from keyboard, then Run Dialog box will prompt then type gpedit.msc. Click on OK button.
2. Now on the Local Group Policy editor windows, Navigate below key from the left pane…
User Configuration => Administrative template => Windows Components => File Explorer
Then on the right pane scroll down and Double-Click on Prevent access to drives from Computer options. Or Right-click on it and then Click on Edit.
3. Now on the next windows, Select Enabled radio button, Then under option Drop-down menu select drive which you want to Restrict. Then Click on Apply and OK. In my case I have choose D:Drive.
4. Now when user will try to access Disk Drive which you have restrict then it will show message “This operation has been cancelled due to restriction in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator. ”
If you want to remove restriction then follow 1-3 steps. Then Select Not Configure radio button and then Click on Apply and OK.
Watch Tutorial Video Also
- How to Create Partition on Hard Drive on Mac OS X.
- How to Add Google Drive to Windows Send to Menu.
- How to Make MS-Dos Bootable flash drive
- How to Create Virtual Hard Drive (VHD) In Windows 7
- How to Create Network Drive In Windows 7
- How to Use PC Internet Connection on Android Phone In Windows 7.
- How to Shutdown your PC from Mobile Phone In Windows 7.
- How to Create Batch file to Copy folder on Network Location In Windows 7