Password Protect Hard Drive in windows 7 is the best way to Protect your Important data from unauthorized access. Now a days Security is primary and Critical thing to Protect your Important data in Computer. Suppose your Computer is share and many user are accessing your PC. Then how can you prevent your specific hard drive from other user. BitLocker are best feature to Protect Drive and USB Flash Drive in Windows 7.
Note – BitLocker Feature available in only Windows 7 Ultimate and Enterprise Edition.
Password Protect Hard Drive In Windows 7
1. First of Go to your PC then Click on Start Button and then Click on My Computer
Press Windows + E Key from Keyboard to open Windows Explorer.
2. Now on the Windows Explorer Windows Right-Click on Drive which you want to Protect and then Click on Turn On BitLocker .
3. Now to Lock your Drive with Password Select Use a Password to Unlock the Drive Check Box then Type Password and again Retype Password and then Click on Next.
4. Now It will ask to save Recovery Key. In case of Forget password recovery key will used to unlock your Protected Drive.
Now Click on Save the Recovery Key to a File and then Browse the location where you want to save recovery file and then Click on Next.
Also you can Save the Recovery Key on USB Flash Drive
You can Print the Recovery Key on the Paper because if you will forget password then you can use recovery key to Unlock Drive.
5. Now next windows will prompt for Confirm to Start Encryption, If you are ready then Click on Start Encryption.
6. Now you will See Encryption Process is Going on It will take some sit back and wait.
7. After Complete Encryption prompt a dialog Box that Encyption of H: is Completed (in my case my drive letter is H:).
8. Now again go to your Windows Explorer then you will see that your Technet 2U (H:) drive hs been Encrypted. Golden Lock is symble of Encryption.
10. Now when you will try access Encrypted Drive then it will ask for password or Recovery Key then Put Password and then Click on Unlock.
- How to Delete and Detach Virtual Hard Drive In Windows 7
- How to Create Virtual Hard Drive ( VHD ) In Windows 7
- How to Create New Partition on Hard Drive In Windows 7
- How to Enable Write Protection on USB Hard Drive In Windows 7
- How to Make Bootable Pen Drive In Windows 7 Without Software
- How to Hide Hard Drive In Windows 7
- How to Remove 100MB System reserved Partition In Windows 7
- How to Create Virtual Machine In Windows 7
- How to Create System Image Backup In Windows 7
- How to Shutdown your Computer From Mobile Phone
- How to Password Protect and Encrypt USB Drive With BitLocker In Windows 7