You can Map Network drive on mac OS X very easily. Its very helpful to access shared folder from network computer. If you have map network drive then can be access in just one click. Instead of type server address again and again. Some times in some organization store important Files and folders on Server Location (Dedicated Server). Then client computer need to access shared folder from server. Then Map Network drive will help to easy access again and again. To access shared folder from server, you should have User ID and Password of Server PC.
Map Network Drive on Mac OS X
Read Also – How to Create Network Drive In Windows 7
1. First of All Click on Go Menu then Click on Connect to Server…
2. Now on the Connect to Server dialog box, follows below steps.
- Type smb://172.17.3.3 (IP Address of server PC) in the Server Address field.
- Now Click on + (Plus) button to add on Favorite Servers list.
- Then Click on Connect to Connect with Server.
3. Now Select Register User radio button, then Type Server User ID and Password which you want to Connect, then Select Remember this password in my Keychain and then Click on Connect.
4. Now Select Shared folder ( All Software) which you want to Map on your PC, and then Click on OK.
5. Mow you will see that Shared Folder (All Software) has been mounted on your Computer. Now you can access All Software with just one click.
Automatic Connect Network Drive at Login
If you want Network drive automatic connect when you login on your PC. Then you will have to follow below steps.
1. Click on Apple Menu, then Click on System Preferences…
2. Now on the System Preferences windows Click on Users & Groups icon.
3. Now on the Users & Groups Dialog box, follows below steps.
- In the Current user Section Select User name (Technet 2U).
- Now on Click on Login Items button on the right pane.
- Now Make sure Golden Lock should be open to edit.
- Now Click on + (plus) button.
4. Now Brows Network folder which you have connected select it to add shared folder on Login Items. After successfully added you can select hide check box, to prevent from automatic open folder at Logon.
Now when you will login your Mac PC then it will Connect with Network Drive successfully.
- How to Encrypt Folder with Password Protection In Mac OS X.
- How to Record Mac OS X Screen Using Quick Time Player.
- How to Setup Gmail Account In Mac OS Mail Easily.
- How to Block Sender on Mac OS Mail.
- How to Disable USB Storage Device on Mac OS X.
- How to Shutdown and Restart Mac OS X Using Terminal.
- How to Setup Reminder In Mac OS X.
- How to Enable Remote Desktop Access On Mac X.
- How to Create New Partition In Hard Drive In Windows 7.
- How to Shutdown Your PC From Mobile Phone Using Email.