You can Lock and Unlock Your PC With USB Drive in Windows 7. Its a Inbuilt feature in Windows 7 that create USB Flash Drive as a Security Key to Lock and Unlock Windows PC at Startup. When you will enable this feature then Password will store on USB Flash Drive. Now when you will start your PC then it will ask to insert USB Flash Drive to Unlock Computer without Insert USB Flash Drive you PC will not start.
That USB Flash Drive will work on specific Windows on which you have created USB Key. Your USB Flash drive only need at startup after login you can remove USB Drive.
Lock and Unlock Your PC With USB Drive
1. First of All Insert USB Drive on Windows PC then you will have to Change USB Drive Letter A.
2. Now Click on Start Button then Type Run and then Press Enter.
Press Windows + R to Open Run Command.
3. Now type Syskey command and then Click on OK.
Lock PC With USB Drive
4. Now Securing the Windows Account Database windows prompt the Select Encryption Enabled Radio button and then Click on Update.
5. Now Startup key window prompt then Select System Generated Password Radio button and then Select Store Startup Key on Floppy Disk and then Click on OK.
6. Now it will ask to insert USB drive to Save Startup Key then Click on OK Now It will show Startup Key has been saved on USB Drive then again Click on OK.
7. Now Account Database Startup Key was changed now Click on OK.
Now you Restart you PC then you will see the Windows Startup Key Disk will prompt at Start it require to Insert USB Flash Drive to Login at Startup.
Unlock PC Not Required USB Drive to Login
1. First of all Follow above Steps 2 to 4.
2. Now Select System Generated Password Radio Button and then Select Store Startup Key Locally and then Click on OK.
3. Now It will ask to Insert that USB Drive then Click on Ok and Again Click on OK.
Now when you will restart your PC then It will start Normally there is no need to Insert USB Drive at Startup.
- How to Create Password Reset Disk In Windows 7
- How to Encrypt USB Drive with BitLocker In Windows 7
- How to Enable Write Protection on USB Flash Drive
- How to Disable USB Storage Device In Windows 7
- How to Use PC Internet Connection on Android Phone
- How to Create Schedule to Automatic Shutdown Windows 7
- How to Block Program for Specific User In Windows 7
- How to Shutdown Your Computer From Mobile Phone
- How to Turn your Windows 7 Laptop Into Wi-Fi Hotspot
- How to Set Startup Password on Mozilla Firefox
- How to Set Startup Password on Google Chrome Browser
Watch Tutorial Video Also