Install Linux on Windows 7 Using Virtual Box. Virtual Box is a Tool through which you can Install and Run Multiple Operating System on Single PC. There is feature is that you don’t have to Shutdown running operating system to start another on. This is very useful feature to Linux and Windows to use Linux and windows at a same time without restart your Computer.
Install Linux on Windows 7 Using Virtual Box
2. Run Downloaded Virtual Box in your windows 7 Machine, then click on Next on Welcome Wizard
3. Now Simply Click on Next on Custom Setup , then on the Following windows Click on Next.
4. Now Its asking to process Installing Click on Yes, then on the Next wizard Click on Install .
5. Now Virtual Box installing process going on, in between installing process Window Security prompt then click on Install .
6. After Installation Click on Finish .
Create Virtual Machine
7. Now Run Virtual Box and then Click on New on Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager windows , then Type Operating system name , then Select Linux in type Field , then Select Ubuntu in the Version filed then Click on Next .
8. Now select RAM size how much amount you want to give your Virtual Machin . and then Click on Next .
9. Now Select Create a Virtual hard drive now Radio button to create a new Virtual Hard Drive, and then click on Create. then on next wizard Select VHD (Virtual Hard Drive) then Click on Next .
10. Now Click on Dynamically Allocated and then Click on Next .
11. Now Select location where you want to to create Virtual Hard Drive , then Define size for VHD, and then click on Create .
12. Now You will see that Linux Virtual machine has been created on Virtual Box , and then Click on Setting .
Install Linux on Virtual Box
13. Now on the Left pane Click on Storage, then Click on Host Drive and then on the right pane Click on CD icon ,then Click on Choose a Virtual CD/DVD disk file .
14. Now Find Location where you downloaded Ubuntu ISO Image , then Select Ubuntu ISO Image and then Click on Open . and then Click on Ok .
15. Now Select Linux Virtual Machine , and then Click on Start .
16. Now Select English on Welcome screen then Click on Install Ubuntu .
17. Now Select install this third-party software , then Click on Continue .
18. Now Select Erase disk and install Ubuntu , then Select Encrypt the new Ubuntu installation for Security , then Select Use LVM with the new Ubuntu installation , and then Click on Install Now .
19. Now Enter Security key to Protect your files, It will ask to Start Up your Computer then Click on Install Now .
20. Now Select Time Zone , and then Click on Continue . then on Next step select Language English, and then Click on Continue .
21. Now Enter Your name, then Select Computer name and Username and put password , then Select Require my password to log on, and then Click on Continue .
22. Now Installation is in processing , after Complete Installation Click on Restart Now .
Now Ubuntu has been installed , and You can use Ubuntu .