Now we are on Install and Configure Checkpoint Firewall Part 3. Its a final part of Checkpoint firewall Configuration. we will continue from Login screen of checkpoint firewall. As we know that Its a three Tier architecture, we have Installed and Configured Security Gateway. Now we have to Install and Configure Security Management and Smart Console. To visit on previous article go How to Configure Checkpoint Firewall in VMware part -2.
There are two type of Checkpoint Firewall Installation.
- Standalone Deployment – In Standalone Deployment Security gateway and Security Management will be Install on Same Machine.
- Distributed Deployment – In Distributed Deployment Security gateway and Security Management will be on different machine.
- How to Install CheckPoint GAIA Firewall on VMware part -1.
- How to Install and Configure Checkpoint Firewall on VMware Part -2.
Install and Configure Checkpoint Firewall
- Now browse Management Interface IP Address on your PC browser. In my case my Management Interface IP address is 172.17.3.40, then browse with https:172.17.3.40/. Then type Administrator user name and Password.
Configure CheckPoint Firewall
2. Now on the Welcome screen of GAIA First Time Configuration Wizard, Then Click on Next.
3. Now configure Network Connection of eth0 (Management Interface), and then Click on Next.
4. Now type Host name of Checkpoint Firewall, then Domain name DNS Server or Proxy Server information according to your Network. then Click on Next.
5. Now on the Next Screen Select your Time and set Time and date then Click on Next.
7. Now on the Installation type wizard, Select Security Gateway or Security Management radio button. Then Click on next.
8. As we know that we doing Standalone deployment. Now on Product wizard Select Security Gateway and Security Management check box to install both in same machine. then click on next.
9. Now on the Security Management Administrator Wizard, Put User name and password for your Security management. Then click on Next.
Note- This User name password is only for Security management and Smart Console.
10. Now on the Security Management GUI Clients wizard, Now give GUI access control to Client from smart Dashboard, Give any , Specific Machine, Network or Range of IP address. In my case Select any IP Address radio button. Then Click on Next.
11. Now Click on Finish button. Then you will see installation process going on wait until completion. After complete it will ask to reboot your firewall then click on Yes. Th
12. Now again follow Step -1, Access firewall from your browser with Management IP Address ( https://172.17.3.40). Then put User name and password then Login.
13. Now you have successfully Install and Configured Checkpoint Firewall Security Gateway. Now you are on Security Gateway Dashboard, to Download Smart Console Click on Download Now button.
14. Now Install downloaded Smart Console software on your PC, on then Select the GUI Tools which you want to Install and then Click on Next.
15. Now you will see Checkpoint Smart Console Successfully Install. Then Click on Start button and then Click on SmartDashboard R77 under CheckPoint SmartConsole.
16. Now you will get SmartDashboard Login screen, Put User ID and Password, and Security Gateway IP address then Click on Login Button. Then on next screen Click on Approve (if ask).
17. Now you have successfully Log in on Checkpoint Smart Dashboard. Where you can Create, Edit and Manage Policies, and Manage Security Gateway. Now you have successfully Install and configure CheckPoint Firewall on VMware.