[post_ad]Active directory is Database that store All information like User Information , User account password , Computer Information . Active directory is a collection of object on your network . Active directory use for centralized management in your Domain network . It provide Authentication and Restriction to the User in Network .
Basic requirement for install Active directory
- Should have installed windows server 2000 or 2003
- Should have formatted with NTFS.
- Should have system in the Network.
- Window server 2003 CD should be available.
Step by Step Installation of Active directory in Windows server 2003
1. Click on Start button , then Click on RUN Option and Type DCPROMO.
2. Click next on Welcome wizard window, then click next to Continue.
3. Click on Domain controller for a new Domain radio button, then Click on next.
4. Click on Domain in a New forest, then click Next.
5. Enter DNS server name comnetworks.com, then Click on Next.
6. Enter Domain NetBIOS name, then click on Next to Continue.
7. Choose a path where you want to store Active Directory Database and Log file, then Click Next to Continue.
8. Choose a path to store SYSVOL file, then Click Next to Continue.
9. Click on Install and Configure DNS server in this Computer, then click Next to Continue.
10. Click on Permission Compatible only with Window 200 or Window server 2003 Operating system, then Click on Next.
11. Enter Password and click on Next to continue.
11. Click on Next to Continue
12. Now Active Directory Installation Started.
13. Now it will asking for Windows server 2003 CD, Insert CD , then Click on Ok , then Let the Complete installation .
14. Click on Finish.
Now Active Directory Installation Completed.