You can Restrict write access to removable Device in Windows 10. This feature will prevent user to copy or store any data on removable device from your PC. Even you can’t change and save anything on your removable device. But you can able to access and read removable device data. its provide security on your PC data, because there is some important and confidential data user can not store in USB drive. Only they can insert and read USB drive data.
Restrict Write Access to Removable Device
- How to Restrict Access to Removable Device In Windows 10.
- How to Password Protected Hard Drive In Windows 7.
- How to Shutdown your PC from Mobile Phone using Email
- How to Use PC Internet Connection on your Android Phone.
- First of all press Windows Key + R Key, then type gpedit.msc and then press Enter.
2. Now Group Policy editor Window will open, Now if you deny write access to user level then Navigate-:
User Configuration => Administrative Templates => System => Removable Storage Access
3. Now on the Right pane Right-Click on Removable Disks: Deny write access, then click on Edit.
Double-click on it.
4. Now Removable Disks:Deny write access dialog box will prompt, then Select Enable Radio button. and then Apply and OK.
Deny Write Access to USB Drive
Now you have denied to write access on USB Drive, When user will try to insert USB drive and edit, delete or copy something then it will prompt error message ” You’ll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this folder. Now only you can read your removable device data.
- How to Change Windows 7 Start button easily.
- How to Add Multiple Time Zone Clock on Windows 7 Taskbar.
- How to Find Last Shutdown Time In Windows 7
- How to Backup and Restore Registry In Windows 7.
- How to Change the “Shutting Down….” text message in Windows 7.
- How to create your Own Run Command in Windows 7.