Suppose you are a system Administrator in your Organization. User of your organization always Run those program which is not authorized in you organization. You can restrict user to run specific Program by the help of Group Policy Editor. You can prevent from unauthorized access specific program in windows 7. Its a Great feature in Windows 7. You can keep away your child from unwanted program or game on your computer.
Restrict User to Run Specific Program
Read Also- How to prevent access to Command prompt in Windows 7
1. Click on Start Button , then Type in Search Box gpedit.msc and press Enter.
2. Local Group policy Editor Windows open , then Click on User Configuration => Administrative Template => System, then on the Right Pane Double-Click on Don’t Run Specified Window Application .
Block Windows 7 Program
3. Click on Enable Radio Button , then click on Show .
4. Enter the EXE file name of those Program which is you want to restrict to Run, then Click on OK .
Window media player EXE file Name — wmplayer.exe
Paint EXE file name — mspaint.exe
5. Click on Apply, then OK .
Now if you will try to open windows media player then will show Error message like this…
Now You will See that Windows Media Player and MS Paint has been blocked, just like this you can also block unwanted or Game on your computer prevent from your child.
- How to Disable Shutdown down Button from Start menu in Windows 7
- How to Prohibit Access to LAN Connection Properties in windows 7 via Group Policy
- How to Prevent installing software from Removable media source in Windows 7
- How to disable Search Box Option from Start menu in Windows 7
- How to Prevent Access to Registry Editing Tool Via Group policy in Windows 7