If you want to Enable Remote assistance in Windows server 2008 R2 then you will see Remote Assistance option Grey out ( Disable ) By default . In other Operating system Remote Assistance Enable by default.
First of all you will have to Install Remote assistance feature to Enable Remote Assistance in Windows Server 2008.
Look at the figure Remote assistance option is Disable
Enable Remote assistance in Windows server 2008
1. Click on Server manager icon on Task bar .
2. Click on Feature, then Click on Add Feature on Right side windows .
3. Select Remote Assistance Check box , then Click on Next.
4. Now on the following windows Click on Install .
5. Now installation in progress After complete Installation, then click on Close .
Now Remote Assistance option has been Enabled