Encrypt a Folder With Password Protection is the best way to prevent access from unauthorized user. You can save your Important and confidential in encrypted folder. There is Inbuilt feature in Mac OS X to protect a file and folder with Password. You will have to Turn on folder into encrypted Image. After encrypted when anyone will try to access Image then It will ask for Password which specified on Folder.
Encrypt a Folder With Password Protection
- How to Enable Remote Access On Mac OS X
- Record Mac OS Screen Using Quick Time Player
- How to Setup Cloud In Mac OS X
- How to Setup Parental Control on Mac OS X Mavericks
1. First of All Click on Go Button, then Click on Utilities.
2. Now on the Utilities Windows find and Click on Disk Utility .
3. Now Go to File Menu, then Click on New and then Click on Disk Image From Folder.
4. Now Browse your Folder which you want to Protect, Select Folder (Technet2u) and then Click on Image.
5. Now on the New Image Windows, Its ask Some Information. Type the name of Image such as ( Private Image ) on Save as Field, then You can select Tag.
Then you have to Select path where you have to Save this Protected Image.
- Now Select Image Format Read/Write
- Now click on Encryption drop-down menu and select 128-bit AES encryption (recommended).
and then Click on Save Button.
6. Now Next windows will prompt and then Put Strong Password to protect your Folder then Again Put same Password to Verify and then Click on OK.
7. Now you will that Disk Utility process going on to Encrypt Folder with Password Its Creating Encrypted Disk Image.
8. After that you will see Encrypted Image has been Created with Name (Private Image.dmg) which Name you have given in Save As..
Access Encrypted Folder in Mac OS X
To access Encrypted and Password Protected Folder in Mac OS X. Double Click on Encrypted Image ( Private Image.dmg) then It will ask for Password which you have given and then Click on OK.
Now your Encrypted disk mounted and you can able to access your Content of folder normally.
Watch Tutorial Video Also