Enable Write Protection USB Flash Drive is the best way to prevent your Pen-Drive Data to Change or Delete. These feature also will prevent your Flash Drive from Virus effected computer. You can use Write Protected Flash Drive in Virus infected computer. No one can change, Rename or delete your Pen- Drive Data even they can not format it. If anyone try to change any thing it will show error message the media is write Protected. You can also do it on memory card. There are many way to make it, There are many third part software available in for write protected pendrive. But i am going to tell you in very simple way without any third party software.
Enable Write Protection USB Flash Drive
Read Also – How Use Pen Drive as a RAM In Windows 7
1. First of all Insert your USB Flash Drive on your Computer which you have to make write Protected.
2. Now Click on Start Button and then Type CMD in search Box and then in Search result Click on CMD.
Press Windows + R key from keyboard then type CMD and then Press Enter.
3. Now Command Prompt open, now type DISKPART on the Command Line and Press Enter. DISKPART is a utility through which can access Hard Drive Partition easily.
4. Now you can access Diskpart utility, Now type List Disk command on the Command Line. It will show physical available disk of your Computer.
5. Now you will have to select USB Flash Drive disk from the list, In my case Flash Drive Disk is Disk-1. After Identifies Type Select Disk 1 and then Press Enter. After that it will show Message like Disk 1 is now the selected disk.
6. Now type ATTRIBUTES DISK SET READONLY command in Command Line and then Press Enter. Then It will show message like Disk attributes set successfully. After that close Command Prompt.
7. Now your Flash Drive has been write Protected if you will try to add, Delete or Change Data then it will Pop-up Error message ” The disk is Write-Protected”
Now Write Protection has been enabled on your Flash-drive and no need to worry about to access data from unauthorized access. Its also safe from Malware and Viruses.
Watch Video Also
- How to Make Bootable USB Flash Drive In Windows 7
- How to Encrypt USB Drive With BitLocker In WIndows 7
- How to Hide Drive In Windows 7 through Group Policy
- How Enable and Disable USB Storage In Windows XP