Disable USB Storage Device on Mac OS X is the best way to protect your Important data from unauthorized access. If you will disable USB Storage like, USB Flash Drive, Memory Card, CD/DVD then after insert it computer will not detect and show. But on USB Port your Keyboard and Mouse will Proper work. You can also Prevent your PC from Virus and trojan to block mass storage devices. Mostly offices and college keep disable Mass storage device to protect Important data.
Disable USB Storage Device On Mac OS X
1. First of all Launch Mac OS X with Administrator Account.
2. Now Click on Go Menu and then Click on Go to Folder, to open specific folder in mac OS.
3. Now on the Go to the folder field type Path of the Folder and then Click on Go button.
4. Now you will see Extensions folder has been open, Scroll down and find
File and then Both File Drag or Move to Trash.
5. Now Empty Trash and then Reboot your PC then Now whenever you will try to insert USB Storage Device on Mac OS X Pc then it will not Detect.
Block USB Port Using Terminal on Mac OS X
1. First of all Open Terminal on your Mac OS PC on which you have to Disable USB Port. now Type and Run Below Command on Terminal Windows.
CP /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassstorageClass.kext ~/backup/
Sudo srm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext
Sudo touch /Sytem/Library/Extensions
2. Now Reboot your Mac OS X PC.
Now USB Stoarage Device has been Blocked, Now one can trannsfer data from your Mac PC to Any removeable storage Device.
Watch Video Also
- How to Disable USB Storage Device In Windows 7
- How to Enable Write Protection on USB Flash Drive
- How to Encrypt USB Flash Drive With BItLocker In Windows 7
- How to Use Pen Drive As a RAM In Windows 7
- How to Run Program Automaticly at Startup In Mac OS X
- How to Uninstall Program Using Command Prompt In Windows 7
- How to Restrict User to Run Specific Program In Windows 7