Disable USB Storage Device in Windows 7 PC is the great way to prevent your Important data from unauthorized accessing. If you have not disable USB Storage Device then any one come and take your Important data from your Computer. After Disable it when anyone Insert USB Storage device then it will not show and detect on your PC. But on the Same USB Port Keyboard and Mouse will work Proper.
There are many MNC Company and School are using this feature to Prevent important Data. In the MNC Company highly Restrict to use Porable Drive. They are using also third party software to disable it.
Disable USB Storage Device in Windows 7
1. First Open your Windows PC with Administrator Account then Click on Start Button and type REGEDIT and then Press Enter.
2. Now If UAC ( User Account Control ) Will Prompt then Click on Yes Button.
3. Now on the Registry Editor Windows, Navigate Following Key
After Click on USBStor, Right-Click on Start on the Right Pane and then Click on Modify…., to Change Value.
4. Now on the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value Dialog Box , Type 4 instead of 3 in the Value data field and then Click on OK.
5. Now Close Registry Editor Windows and then Restart your Computer.
Now When you will try to Insert Pen Drive and any Removeable storage media then you Computer will not Detect and show in Drive. Also your USB storage device will not show in Send options when you will try to right click on any folder.
Enable USB Storage Device In Windows 7
1. To again Enable USb Storage Device follow above steps 1- 4.
2. Now Type 3 instead of 4 in Value data field and then Click on OK and Restart Your Computer.
After Restart USB Storage device has been enabled, Now you can instert and you computer will detect it. Now you will able to Transfer your Data from Computer to USB Drive.
Watch Video Also