You can Enable and Disable Right Click Context Menu on Desktop In Windows 10. There is two way to Disable Context menu one of is Group Policy editor and second one is Registry Editor. Its a best way to protect you files and folder from unauthorized users.
Disable Right Click Context Menu on Desktop
- How to Enable Color Title Bar In Windows 10.
- How to Install and Run Virtual Machine In Windows 10.
- How to Add and Remove Folders on Start Menu In Windows 10.
- How to Transfer Files with TeamViewer to a Remote PC.
- How to Disable USB Storage Device In Windows 7
Using Group Policy Editor
1. First of all press Windows Key + R, then type gpedit.msc to open group policy editor tool.
2. Now on the Local Group Policy Editor windows, Navigate below key…
Navigate User Configuration => Administrative Templates => Windows Components. Then in the Right Pane Double-Click on File Explorer.
3. Now Scroll Down and Double-Click on Remove File Explorer’s default context menu.
4. Now Remove File Explorer’s default context menu dialog box will prompt. Then Select Enable Radio button. Then Click on Apply and then OK.
5. Now Close Group Policy Windows.
Now If you will try to Right-Click on Windows Desktop the Context menu will not pop-up and appear. Then you will have to open context menu application another way.
Disable Context Menu on Windows Explorer
Using Registry Editor
1. Now Press Windows Key + R, then Run Command dialog box will prompt. Then type regedit.msc and then OK. Now UAC will prompt then Click on Yes.
2. Now on the Registry editor windows, Navigate below key….
Now on the Right-pane Right-click on blank area, Click on New and then Click on DWORD (32-bit) Value.
3. Now Type NoViewContextMenu and then Press Enter.
Now Right-Click on NoViewContextMenu and then Click on Modify.
4. Now type 1 instead of 0 then Click on OK.
5. Now Close Registry editor Windows.
Now you will have to restart or Log off your PC to apply this settings. After restart you will see that context menu has been disable on desktop and file explorer.
Enable Right-Click Context Menu
1. To Enable it follows steps 1-4 on registry editor windows then Put 0 instead of 1. Then Click on OK.
Now You will see that right-click context menu has been enabled.
Watch Tutorial Video Also
- How to Map Network Drive on Mac OS X Mavericks.
- How to Create Partition In Hard Drive on Mac OS Mavericks.
- How to Change Windows Start Menu easily.
- How to Add Address bar to Taskbar in Windows 7.
- How to Add Multiple Time Zone Clock on Windows 7 Taskbar.
- How to Find Last Shutdown Time In Windows 7.
- How to Change “Welcome” text Message In Windows 7.
- How to Backup and Restore Registry In Windows 7
- How to Lock and Unlock Your PC with USB Drive.
- How to Display your Name on Windows 7 taskbar Clock.
- How to Use PC Internet Connection On Android Phone.