Serial and Parallel port are using for data transfer and used to communicate with a peripheral Device. Both are different type of connecting device. Like Printer, Scanner etc.
Difference between Serial Port and Parallel Port
Serial Port -:
Serial Port transmit data in a serial form . It transfer data one Bit at a time . it is transfer data one bit after another Bit . Serial port allow data transfer from Hard drive to a remote device and from Remote device to a Hard Drive .It is also known as Bi- Directional communication device .Its a Slower then parallel Port . its a 9 Pin or 25 Pin male connector.
Parallel port transmit data in parallel form .it is transfer data 8 bit at a time . it is much faster then Serial port. It is allow one way communication from source to peripheral . its can not be used in log distance Communication . Its a 25 pin female Connector.
- What is Difference between Layer 2 and Layer 3 Switch
- Difference Between Public IP Address and Private IP Address
- Difference Between Outlook Express and MS Outlook
- Difference Between Hub and Switch In Computer Networking
- Computer Networking Device- HUB , Repeater and Router
- 100+ Computer Networking Tips and Tricks