You can Create Partition In Hard Drive on Mac OS X, Suppose need a extra partition on Hard drive or Edit existing partition, then you can create is very easily. There is also a feature is that you can increase and discrease size of the Partition of Hard Drive. I recommend one thing before Modify partition, Take Backup of your Hard Drive Data on flash drive or External Drive. Disk Utility is the feature through which we can delete, create and edit partitions.
Hard Drive Partition means, Single Physical drive split into multiple logical drive and divide space with logical drive. Its very useful for store data into different-2 logical drive on a PC. Because its easy to search particular data like Files and Folder.
Create Partition In Hard Drive on Mac OS
Read Also – How to Create Share Folder in Mac OS X
1. First of all Click on Go Menu and then Click on Utilities Option.
2. Now on the Utilities Windows Click on Disk Utility Option.
3. Now on the Left pane Click on Your Internal Hard Drive on which you have to Create Partition. Then on the Right Pane Click on Partition Tab.
You will see that it will show Partition Information, You are seeing that only one partition is created on this Hard drive.
4. Now to Create Partition-:
- Click on + (Plus) button.
- Now on the Partition Information section, Rename if you change Volume name.
- Now Make sure Mac OS Extended (Journaled) is selected in Format Section.
- It will automatic divide partition size in two equal part, if you wan to change size then change it.
- Now Click on Apply Button.
Now it will take minute to shrink the disk, after shrink complete partition will create.
5. Now you will see that Partition has been created, There is no need to restart your PC. Now you can install another Mac OS on new partitions.
- How to Encrypt Folder with Password Protection In Mac OS X.
- How to Record Mac OS X Screen Using Quick Time Player.
- How to Setup Gmail Account In Mac OS Mail Easily.
- How to Block Sender on Mac OS Mail.
- How to Disable USB Storage Device on Mac OS X.
- How to Shutdown and Restart Mac OS X Using Terminal.
- How to Setup Reminder In Mac OS X.
- How to Enable Remote Desktop Access On Mac X.
- How to Create New Partition In Hard Drive In Windows 7.
- How to Shutdown Your PC From Mobile Phone Using Email.