Create Batch file to copy folders on Network location in windows 7. Suppose you have to backup data from a folder to on Server or another Computer folder in Network daily basis. Then daily you will have to copy and paste folder data Server Computer with the help of share folder. Now using Batch file you can backup data with just one click on desktop. There is no need to access shared folder of network Computer then Paste Data.
Also you can Copy folder content from one folder to another folder using Batch files. I am going to tell you easy way to create batch file to move data from one computer to another Computer.
Create Batch File to Copy Folders on Network Location
- Create System Image Backup In Windows 7
- How to Take Windows 7 Backup on Network Location
- How to Backup and Restore Windows Drivers
1. First of all Launch Notepad on Windows PC, then Type Command Using below syntax.
Copy “Source Data Path” “\\Destination Server Address\Destination shared Folder“
Note- Make sure that Destination Server or Computer should be in your Local Area Network. To check connectivity you can Ping destination Computer IP Address and you should be authorized to access shared folder.
Backup Data on Network Location
2. Now Click on File Menu and then Click on Save option.
3. Now on the Save as Windows Select Location where to save, then Type the File Name (Technet2u.bat) of Batch File with .BAT extension. Now Click on Save as type drop-down menu and select all files and then Click on Save.
Note – Make sure File should be save with .BAT extension.
4. Now you Will see that (Technet2u) Batch file has been created on desktop. Now just Click on Technet2u Batch File then you will see that Data of source folder (Backup) has been copied on Network Computer Folder (Technet2u).
Create Batch File to Copy Folder on Another Folder
To Copy Folder Content on another folder of another Disk Drive using Batch File use below Syntax.
Copy “Source Folder” “Destination Folder”
Move Data From One Folder to Another Folder
To Move or Cut Data from a Folder and Paste on Another Folder then you will have to use Below Syntax.
XCopy “D:\Folder1” “E:\Folder2”
Now you have seen that how to Backup data on Network Location folder, Another Directory and Move or Cut data on another Folder. Its really useful to save time to backup your data.