You can Create and Run Virtual Machine In Windows 10 with Hyper-V. Hyper-V is the inbuilt feature in Windows 10 Operating System. This feature is not available in windows 7 and Windows 8 comes with this virtualization feature. You can Install and Run Multiple Operating system on single PC with the help of virtual machine. There is no need to install any third party software to create Virtual Machine in Windows 10.
Create and Run Virtual Machine In Windows 10
Read Also –
- How to Create Virtual Machine In Windows 7.
- How to Install and Run Mac OS X on Windows 7 Using Virtual Box.
- How to Install Linux on Windows 7 Using Virtual Box.
- How to Create Virtual Server In Windows Server R2 Using Hyper-V.
Suppose you want to use two or more then two operating system at a time. Then you need another PC for each Operating system and other hardware resources. but with the help of Virtualization you can do this on single PC.
Note – First of all you will have to Enable Virtualization Technology from BIOS.
How to Enable Hyper-V
1. First of all Type Windows features in Search box. then Click on Turn Windows Features on or Off.
Go to Control Panel => Programs and Features => Turn Windows features on or off.
2. Now on the Turn Windows features on or off dialog box, expand Hyper-V. Then Select Hyper-V management Tools and Hyper-V Platform check box. Now Click on OK.
3. Now it take few second to enable and apply change. After complete it will ask to Restart PC. Then Click on Restart Now.
4. After Restart PC, Type in search box hyper-v manager. then Click on Hyper-V Manager App to launch it.
5. Now on the Hyper-V manager windows you will see your Computer name. Click on ADMIN-IT (Local host name) then you will there is many option available for setup virtual machine. You will have to create Virtual network switch to create virtual machine.
Now Right-Click on Computer name ( ADMIN-IT) then Click on Virtual Switch Manager.
6. Now on the Virtual Switch manager windows, In Type virtual Switch section select External. then Click on Create Virtual Switch Button.
7. Now on the next windows, Give the name of the virtual switch. then make sure External network radio button selected and Select Network adapter which is connected with your network. Now Click on Ok button. then Click on Yes on Popup dialog box.
Now you have been created Technet2u Virtual Switch.
Create Virtual Machine
8. Now to create Virtual machine, Again Right-Click on Computer name (ADMIN-IT) then Click on New. and then Click on Virtual Machine.
9. Now Click on Next button on the Before You Begin windows.
10. Now type the name of the Virtual Machine. If you want to store Virtual Machine on Different location then select Store the Virtual machine in a different location. Browse location where you wish to install. and then Click on Next.
11. Now to If you install Windows 8 or Windows Server 2012 or later version then you need to select Generation 2. And if you want to install Windows 7 , 32 or 64 bit then you will have to select Generation 1.
In my case i am going to install Windows 10, then Select Generation 2 and then Click on Next.
12. Now on the Assign Memory section assign the memory size for the Technet2u Virtual Machine.
13. Now on the Configuring Networking section, Click on connection drop-down menu. Then select Virtual Switch (Technet2u Virtual Switch) which is created. and then Click on Next.
14. Now on the Connect Virtual Hard disk section. Create Virtual Disk and Specify space then Click on Next.
15. Now on the Installation option Section, Select Install an operating system from a bootable image file radio button. then Browse you Operating system ISO File. Then Click on Next.
16. Now Click on Finish.
Run Virtual Machine In Windows 10
17. Now you will see that Technet2u Virtual Machine has been created. Then Right-Click on it then Click on Connect.
18. Now You will see Technet2u Virtual Machine Turn off by default. You need to Start it manually. then Click on Start(Green) Button to turn on .
19. Now Virtual machine getting start. After start you can Install Operating System In Virtual Machine.
- How to Create Virtual Hard Drive (VHD) In Windows 7.
- How to Protect Hard Drive In Windows 7.
- How to Install Hyper-V on Windows Server 2008 R2.
- How to Configure VPN Server In Windows Server 2008 R2.
- How to Lock and Unlock Your PC With USB Drive.
- How to Display Your Name In the Windows taskbar Clock.
- How to Shutdown Your Computer From Mobile Phone.
- How to Use PC Internet Connection on Android Phone.