Configure DHCP Server In Windows Server 2008 in easy way. DHCP ( Dynamic Host Configure Protocol ) is to Assign IP Address automatically in Network to the Client Computers. It is very useful feature for a large Network. If you Install DHCP Server in the Network then no need to assign IP Address manually by the Administrator and Also no need to remember IP Address of particular Computer.
Configure DHCP Server in Windows Server 2008
Read Also – What Is DHCP Server
1. Click on Server Manager Icon on Task bar. In Windows Server 2008 Operating System.
2. On the Server Manager Windows Right-Click on Roles and then Click on Add Roles.
3. Now Select DHCP Server check Box, then Click on Next, and then Click Next on Following windows .
Setup DHCP Server
Recommended Post – How to Configure DHCP Server In Windows Server 2003
4. Now your Static IP address detected, then Select IP Address and then Click on Next .
5. Put Parent Domain Name and DNS Server IP Address and then Click on Next and on the Next window Click on Next .
6 . On the Add or Edit DHCP Scope window Click on Add..
7. Scope is know as Rang of IP address to assign in Network to the Client Computer .
- Give the Name of Scope
- Give the Sartting IP address of the Scope
- Give the Ending IP address of the Scope
- Choose subnet type which you have
- Select Activate this scope check box .
- Give the subnet mask of the Network
- Give default gateway IP address……
then Click on Ok . and then Click on Next .
8. Now on the Following windows Click on Next then Next .
9. Now on the Confirmation Windows Click on Install .
10 . Now Installation in processing …..
Now DHCP Server has been Configured in Server 2008 R2
Watch Also DHCP Tutorial Video