Configure DHCP Server In Windows Server 2003. DHCP Stand for Dynamic host Configure Protocol. DHCP server is used to Provide IP address automatically in the network. Its Reduced the work load of the administrator becuase there is no need to provide IP address Manully after Setup DHCP Server. To configure DHCP Server first you have to install DHCP Service in Windows 2003.
Install DHCP Server Service
1. Click on Start , then Click on control Panel, Then Click on Add/ Remove Windows Component.
2. Select Networking Services, then Click on Details .
3. Click on Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol(DHCP), then Click on Ok.
Configure DHCP Server in Windows server 2003
1. Click on Start , then Click on All Program, then Click on Administrative Tool , Then Click on DHCP.
2. DHCP Window Open, Right Click on the DHCP Server option , then Select New Scope
3. New Scope Wizard Open , Then Type Scope Name then Description, then Click Next .
4. Define The IP address Range which you want to give in your Network and Subnet mask.
Start IP address – 192.168.0.1
End IP address – 192.168.0.254
Length – 24
Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
Then Click on Next to Continue
5. In This window you have to Define Exclusion to the Rang of IP address, this rang Of IP address will not be Distribute by DHCP server in the network. IP Address range 192.168.0.1 to 192.168.0.10 reserve for Specific purpose.
6. Enter the lease Duration , these Lease Duration Specify that how many days client Keep their IP address without Renew. then Click on Next
7. Click on Yes, I want to Configure These option now radio button, then Click on next.
8. Enter the Router or Default IP address, then Click on Add to Add default Gateway ,then Click on next.
9. Enter The Domain name in the Parent Domain Option, then Type DNS server name in in the Server name Option , then Click on Resolve for Identify IP address of the DNS server which is Distributed By the DHCP server.
10. Enter the name of the Wins server and enter the IP address of Wins server and Click on Add. then Click on Next.
11. Click on Yes, I want to activate this Scope now Radio button, then Click on Next.
12. Click on Finish.
- What is DHCP( Dynamic Host Configure Protocol )
- How to Install IIS Server in Windows Server 2008 R2
- How to Configure VPN Server In Windows Server 2008 R2
- How to Configure DHCP Server In WIndows Server 2008 R2
- How to Install Active Directory In Windows Server 2008 R2
- How to Install Active Directory In Windows Server 2003
- What is DNS Server