In this article you will learn that how to Configure Checkpoint Firewall in step by step in VMware. in my previous article you have learn that how to Install Checkpoint Firewall in Vmware. In previous article I have told you that There is three component in checkpoint firewall 1. Security Gateway 2. Security Management 3. Smart Consol. First of all we will have to configure VMware to access firewall from browser and remote PC. After that we will configure and install Smart Console.
Configure Checkpoint Firewall In VMware
- What is Firewall
- How to Configure VLAN in Cisco Switch
- What is Difference between Layer 2 and Layer 3 Switch
- How to Mount Router IOS Image In GNS3
Checkpoint Firewall Topology, Keep in you mind this Topology during Installation and Configuration of Firewall. I will help to configure Checkpoint Firewall.
Recommended Post – How to Install Checkpoint Firewall on VMware Part-1
- Launch VMware on your PC where you have installed Checkpoint GAIA R77, then Click on your firewall name(Checkpoint Firewall). Then Click on Edit Virtual Machine Settings.
2. Now you will have to configure VMware according to Topology. Then In the Hardware tab Click on Network Adapter then on the Right-Pane Select Bridge: Connected directly to the Physical Network.
Network Adapter – eth0 – Management Interface ( See Topology).
3. Now you will have to Add another 3 Network Adapter as per your Topology. Now Click on Add button then Select Network Adapter from Hardware type box then Click on Next. Then Select Custom: Specific Virtual Network Radio button Select VMnet2 for Network Adapter 2. also you will have to add network adapter 3 and Network Adapter 4.
As per Topology Describe below
Network Adapter 2 – set to VMnet 2 -Firewall Interface eth1 – connected with Router 1
Network Adapter 3 – set to VMnet 8 – Firewall Interface eth2 – connected with Router 2
Network Adapter 4 – set to VMnet 10 – Firewall Interface eth3 – connected with Router 3
Now Click on Apply and OK.
4. Now go to VMware the Click on Edit Menu and then Click on Virtual Network Editor…
5. Now on the Virtual Network Editor windows , Click on Add Network… then click on Drop-down menu then select VMnet2 and then Click on OK. Again also add VMnet8 and VMnet10 which you have added in network Adapter. Then Click on Apply.
6. Now Click on VMnet0 then Select Bridged (Connect VMs directly to the external network) radio button. Then Click on Bridged to Drop-down menu then Select your Physical Interface from your PC to make bridge.
Now Click on VMnet2, VMnet8 and VMnet10 then Select Host-only (Connect VMs internally in a privet network) radio button and also select only Connect a host adapter to this network. And Then Click on Apply and then OK.
7. Now Assign the IP address to your Network Interface Card which you have make bridge in same range IP address which you have assign to Firewall management Interface.
In my case I have assign IP address to Management Interface eth0 is 172.173.40. Then my Physical Network adapter IP address will be 172.17.3.3.
8. Now Power on your CheckPoint Firewall from VMware wait until power on. Then go to your base machine browser on which VMware installed, then type https://172.17.3.40 then press Enter. Where 172.17.3.40 is your Firewall IP Address.
Now it will show option Advance then Click on Advance and then Click on Proceed 172.17.3.40 (unsafe). Then you will get Login Screen of Checkpoint Firewall. Now you can Login with your User Name and Password which you have assign to your firewall.
Dear all you have get login screen, now for further configuration wait for my next upcoming article How to Configure Checkpoint Firewall in Vmware Part-3.