Windows 7 Start menu has advance comparison to Windows XP Start menu. here try to give complete guide of Windows 7 Start Menu. We can easy access any Program, folder or Files from start menu Search box but in Windows XP we can’t able to search file and Folder from Start Menu. There is lots of advance feature in Windows 7 Start Menu which is I am trying to describe below. Its has many change on start Start menu, then main change is Start menu button. There is also Improvement is that you can customize start menu according to you
Guide of Windows 7 Start Menu
Pin Program On Start Menu
Pin Program is easy way to access any program from start menu instead of search specific program from all program list . Follows below steps
Click on Start menu , then Click on All Program , find program which you want to pin on start menu , Right-click on it and then Click on Pin to Start menu.
After that you will see that your program has been pinned on start menu list.
Customize Shutdown Menu
Windows 7 menu has great feature compare to windows XP , You can shutdown your PC with Just one click and you can click on arrow for more option like as Switch user , Log off , Lock, Restart and Sleep.
There is default Power button action is the Shutdown , You can change Default Power button action Restart , Log off , Lock or Sleep. Follows below steps
1. Right-click on Shutdown button, then Click on Properties .
2. Now On the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties windows Click on Start Menu Tab, Then Click on Power button action Drop-down menu, then Select the Option which you wan to Put on Start menu power Action button and then Click on OK.
Search Program , File or Folder From Search Box
One of the main advance feature is that you can search any Program , Files and Folder from Start menu Search Box. It will help you to easy access any things. as well as you can run any program from search box. for detail see below image.
Enable Run Command option
By Default Run Command Option does not show on start menu, but you can enable Run Command option, follows below steps.
First of all go to Taskbar and Start menu Properties , Click on Start Menu Tab, then Click on Customize, then Scroll down and find Run Command , then enable check box and then Click on Ok .
Start Menu Right- Pane Details
- Help and Support – This option will help you about windows 7 problem and Troubleshooting and also you can get many tips about Windows 7.
- Default Programs – This Option used to select default program which launched by your computer by default.
- Devices and Printers – This option used for Go to Device and Printer setting where you can Add , delete, manage Devices and Printers.
- Control Panel – These option you can say main control of the Computer, There is all setting available of the Computer like as Uninstall Programs, Setup Network , Internet Setting , Windows Update etc.
- Computer – To Click on Computer option you will be able to access any Disk drive , Files and Folder, and it will show Connected Media such as – CD-DVD and Pen Drive.
- Music – These option will help you to access to Music and Audio Files.
- Documents- This Option will help you to access all document directly to click on it, It will show all file and folder which is saved in Documents.
You have been read this topic and I hope that it will help you to customize Start Menu according to you. You can Pin or remove any Program on the left pane of the Start menu, also you can customize shutdown Power button.