[post_ad]Screen resolution give clarity to the program which is you are running. Some program is not compatible with higher resolution and some program not compatible with lower resolution . it is measured by pixel.
follow these steps to change resolution in Windows 7
1. Right-Click on Desktop , then Click on Personalize .
2. Click on Display on personalize windows .
3. Click on Adjust resolution option .
4. Click on Resolution drop-down menu , then move slider and select resolution which you want .
Then Click on Apply .
5. On the Display setting Windows , Click on Keep change to Confirm setting , otherwise Click on Revert .