Its a great feature that you can block Block Websites On Mac OS. Its a best way to prevent user to access unwanted websites on your office. To use this feature you can restrict your children to access gaming and adult websites. Its a Completely free and so easy to do this setup on your mac computer. In this method you can block website using terminal and edit host file .
Block Websites On Mac OS
1. Click on the Finder , then select Application , then click on Utilities folder and then Click on Terminal .
2. Now Terminal Windows will open then to take the backup of host file on your desktop type below command-:
“cp/etc/hosts/ ~/desktop/hosts.text “ without quoats
Now Press Enter then backup of host file will create on desktop.
3. Now again in the Command line type below command to edit hosts file
“sudo pico/etc/hosts” Without quoats
Now it will ask for Password then type Administrator password and then press enter.
4. Now Hosts file will appear go to the last line type below command in the new line then type the IP address ” 127.0.0.1 “ and then website name ( www.facebook.com) which you want to block
5. Now Close Terminal and Save the file by pressing the Control Key+X key at the same time. now Exit Terminal .
6. Now Restart your Browser and If you will try to access block website then it will show the message unable to connect .