You can Backup and Restore Registry in Windows 7 PC. Its a great way to recover your registry setting which is by mistake changed or deleted. We suggest you take backup when going to edit Registry. Because minor change can corrupt you Operating System. Its very easy to take backup and again restore it. There is no need any third party software to do it. You can take backup in Removable media. In case of corrupt your computer Hard disk can recover backup file easily.
Windows Registry is the Database file of your Computer. Its Contains all Configuration setting of your Operating System. Its also contain the Information of Hardware and Software of your PC. So we will have to edit Registry file very carefully.
Backup and Restore Registry In Windows 7
You can also Create Restore Point to Recover your PC from Unexpected changed. After that you can restore previous setting with the help of system restore feature.
Backup Registry Windows 7
1. First of Login with Administrator account on your PC. Then Click on Start Button and type Regedit in Search box. Then Press Enter.
Press Windows + R Key from Keyboard. Then Type Regedit on Run Command. Then Click on OK. If UAC Dialog box will prompt then Click on Yes.
2. Now Registry editor Windows open. Now Right-Click on Key or Subkey which you want to Take Backup. Then Click on Export.
3. Now Select Location where do you want to Save then type name of Backup File. Then Click on Save.
4. Now you will see that Registry Backup has been taken on your PC Desktop.
Restore Registry In Windows 7
1. Follow above step-1 to Restore Registry in Windows 7.
2. Now Click on File Menu on Registry Windows. Then Click on Import option to Import File. which you have taken backup.
3. Now Browse Backup File. where you have taken Backup then Click on Open Button.
4. Now you will see Importing Process are going on.
Some time you will get error while importing backup file.
Then You will have to Restore System with Restore Point.
- How to Change “Shutting Down Text…” Message In Windows 7
- How to Display Message on Logon Screen In Windows 7
- How to Speed Up Shutdown Time In Windows 7
- How to Prevent Access to Disk Drive In Windows 7
- How to Prevent Access to Command Prompt In Windows 7
- How to Shutdown Computer From Mobile Phone
- How to Lock and Unlock Your PC With USB Drive
- How to Display your Name in Windows Taskbar Clock